Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ornament punch, not just for Christmas anymore!

Sorry I've been so absent, but I've been very busy getting ready for the super Christmas class I am holding next Saturday. I have about 2 spots left so if you still want to jump in, let me know! You do not want to miss out. The picture above is just another taste of what we will be making!


Check out the Holiday Gift Giving Guide on the side of my BLOG! Buy something for everyone on your list OR show it to those in your life who always get you the handcreams and pretty soaps and show them what you want. They can email or call me with your Christmas gift and I will even gift wrap it for them!


Now onto the main event! When I got the Holiday Mini I wasn't so sure about the ornament punch. It's really cool yes! but is it limited to just Christmas? Heck no!

Here the punch is used in a traditional Christmas card:
Pretty and cute, I love it! The Delightful Decorations stamp set that goes with it is FABULOUS! But, as you can see, you can use it with or without a stamp set. I also used the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing folder and the shimmer on the decoration is from the Champagne Shimmer Paint. The shimmer paints are the best new thing and I use them all the time. I love that a little goes such a nice long way and there are so many ways to use it. They also come in Frost White and Platinum which you might see used somewhere on this post. We will be using the shimmer paint 2 ways at the Christmas card class and I can't wait for all the sparkle.
Now the second card is in no way a Christmas card but I did find a great way to use the ornament punch!

Isn't that cool! Now it's a vase! All I did was punch out the ornament from a piece of designer series paper and then just cut the bottom off to make it flat. GENIUS! You don't have to use Designer paper, you can randomly stamp an image on paper and punch it out. You can emboss the vine from Baroque Motifs in white onto black paper and punch it out and then use the flowers from Eastern Blooms or Embrace Life for an Asian Flavour.

I also have one more way to use the punch coming up that is SUPER cute!

The punch is only $22.95 in the Holiday Mini Catalogue so give me a call to order yours today~

Supplies :

Christmas card :

Berry Christmas Stamp Set, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Ornament Punch, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Versamark, Close to Cocoa Specialty Paper, Real Red and Old Olive Card Stock and Ink , Silver Elastic Card, Modern Label Punch, Scallop Border Punch, Corner rounder punch.

Vase Card :

Friends 24-7 Stamp Set, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay and Old Olive Ink, Blender pen, Ornament punch, Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper, Kraft Card Stock, Soft Suede Ribbon, linen thread and a button.