Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Fish?! - making fish with the decoration punch

Sorry for my extremely long absence, but everyday life has been insane! This will be quick post but I wanted to say "Hi".
I seem have a tradition and it is not a fun one. When the first snow of the season comes a long I always seem to ditch the car. I missed last year due to being home recovering from surgery and my excuse 2 years ago was that I didn't have snow tires. This year no excuse, snow tires were on and I was going very slow due to passing 3 accidents. I hit a patch of ice and so it went. That combined with everyday job stuff taking over and the Christmas season being here, I am overwhelmed and unfortunately, stamping has taken a bit of a back seat.
Enough about me- more about the card. See those cute little fish? They are made using the ornament punch. I saw these done on the web somewhere and I was sold. I have quite a few people in my life who like fish and this is just too much fun! This card I made for my friend Debbie for hosting a very fun workshop! She loves fish and when we used the punch for our Christmas Cards I mentioned we could use it to make fish, so I made her this card.
If you love the punch and don't want to miss out make sure to order before January 4th because then it is gone for good when the new mini comes out (which is just too awesome to describe!)

This gorgeous card is made using the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit! I have made 2 scrapbook pages, 2 scrapbook boxes and 5 cards and I still have more die cuts and paper to use! I did use some stamps on this one and of course some glitter with heat and stick powder but some of the cards have virtually NO stamping at all! How cool is that? I resisted these kits thinking they might look cheesy or cheap but the images are great, they stick nicely and most definitely are not cheap looking! I can't wait to buy more!
Since my Christmas break is almost here, I cannot wait to do more crafting and more blogging! I f you need any last minute gifts or ideas give me a call or email. Book a workshop in January or February and you will receive free great stuff!
Back soon! Anna