Monday, February 1, 2010

My Matroyshka - Tent topper Card


Quick post today, fighting a cold and I am pretty tired.
This card totally cheers me up every time I see it!
I made 7 of these for a swap at my Upline's later in the week and I had soo much fun.
I used the "My Matroyshka" Stamp set from the New Occasions mini. and I actually cheered when I saw it the first time in the catty - I'm Ukrainian, it's nice to see something that can have a little sentimental value. I did send a card made with this stamp set to my Grandma and it now has a place of honour with the family pictures.
I stamped the dolls with black Stazon and coloured them with a combo of watercolour crayons, markers, ink and blender pens. I then cut them out and coated them with Crystal Effects. That stuff is sticky, so be careful, once it's on it is on!
This is an unusual colour choice for me as I generally do not like orange (Might explain my dislike of carrots), but this colour combo just worked so well. Plus I have all this orange paper, I might as well use it. The patterned paper is also from the Paper Stack in the mini as well. Every piece in that stack is gorgeous! And so is the Satin Ribbon! So lush and fancy, and so easy to work with!
Now this is a new style of card for me called a "Tent Topper Card" and it was surprisingly quick and easy to make.
The card base is 41/4 x 81/2, this is folded in half. I used the Clear circle die for my background.
I decorated the circle and the base of the card.
To attach the circle, I placed my card base on scor-pal, at 51/2, I then centred my circle on the front so it hit the top edge of the scor-pal (You can also use your grid paper) and now my card will fit in a regular A2 envelope!