Saturday, February 13, 2010

Overdosing on glitter! Thanks to Heat & Stick Powder

I LOVE sparkle, I'm a bit of a magpie, my eyes seeking out the shiny things in the world. Way back when my friend Maggie showed us how to use the sticky pages and glitter in the IB&C, I was hooked. Then I realized, they are great but I sure would like to make all my stamp sets and well, everything glittered. Strangely, I never owned a bedazzler.
Well, there is something you can use that makes it so easy to glitter up everything your little heart desires. Heat & Stick powder! Yay!!!
At our last demo meeting Maggie asked for someone to volunteer to demo Heat & Stick Powder and so I took on the challenge. This is the final card that everyone made after I showed them how to glitter three different ways. So pretty and sparkly! I love that the colours are subtle but it still sparkles.


The first thing we glittered was the vine from Vintage Vogue. The important thing with Heat & Stick powder is that is has some buddies it always works with - Versamark, Heat tool and to take care of any static the Embossing buddy.
To stamp with just glitter you
1. Rub the surface you are going to stamp with the embossing buddy.
2. Stamp the image in versmark, and then stamp onto your paper. Sprinkle with Heat & Stick and then heat with heat tool until just shiny.
3. Sprinkle with glitter, really pile it on, and then tap off the excess.
4 Re-heat with the heat tool, and yes, this is the necessary step, it sort of reactivates the sticky powder and then sets the glitter in it!
We also glittered the flower from Vintage Vogue as well but used colour behind as this makes the glitter really pop! Filling in any background that the glitter might not totally cover.
To stamp with colour and glitter,
You do pretty much the same as just stamping with glitter but in step 2 stamp into an ink colour of your choice AFTER stamping in the Versamark. If you stamp into the ink before the versmark you ruin your versmark pad! Then proceed with the stamping, glittering and heating! So easy!
The last thing we glittered was a brad, and this was so easy and created such a stunning effect! For this you need a brad, your sanding blocks, Heat & Stick, glitter, versamark and heat tool.
Glittering a brad :
1. Use the Sanding block to sand the top and sides of the brad to take off any varnish and to create a nice surface for the heat and stick.
2. Dip your brad into the versamark pad (I used the cutest little pink pliers) and then sprinkle with heat and stick.
3. Heat with the heat tool until shiny (this actually is better than on paper because you can see the powder turn shiny so much easier.
4 Dip into glitter until fully covered and then heat set again. Your glitter brad is ready for use.
Isn't heat & Stick powder so easy? Doesn't it make you want to glitter everything in sight? I did! I have 2 more cards to show you later that show what else you can glitter. I would show my husband and cats, but they aren't talking to me since I glittered them!
So let me know if you want to buy some glitter and Heat & Stick Powder!~